(Easy and tasty north Indian rice recipe)
Shahi pulao ingredients:
1. Basmathi rice - 1 cup
2. Onion - 1 (medium size)
3. Ginger garlic paste - 3/4 tsp
4. Green chillies - 3 or to taste
5. Mint leaves - few, roughly chopped
6. Coriander leaves - few, roughly chopped
7. Shah jeera (black cumin) - 1 tsp
8. Saffron strands - few (soak in 1 tbsp of warm milk)
9. Salt - to taste
10. Ghee or oil - 1 tbsp
Shahi pulav preparation:
Take a pot and heat with ghee or oil.
Then add shah jeera (balck cumin).
When they start to crackle add sliced onions.
Saute till they become transparent.
Then add ginger garlic paste,sliced green chillies and salt.
Saute till the raw smell disappears.
Now add chopped coriander and mint leaves and mix well.
Now and basmathi rice and 2 cups of water.
Combined well and adjust the salt.
Now cover the pot with lid and cook on low flame for 20-25 mins.
Finally add soaked saffron and mix gently.
Now your simple and delicious yummy shahi pulao is ready.
Serve hot with any kind of raita.
Shahi pulao to rice recipes
|Preparation time|| 10 mins |
|Cooking time|| 30 mins |
|No. of Servings|| 2 |
Shahi pulao to homepage